History of the MiL Club
The Music and Literature Club in Wrocław has been a cultural institution of the city of Wrocław
since 1991. He was appointed by the Lower Silesian Music Society and the Music Industry Trade
Center in Warsaw. The ceremonial inauguration of the Club's activities took place on Sunday
evening, April 19, 1959. In the initial period, the MiL Club also performed under the banner of the
Salon of Music and Literature. In 1963, it was transferred to the District Board of Cinemas (later the
Film Distribution Company). In the years 1963-2010, the institution was managed by director
Stefan Placek (1929-2015). The facility is located at pl. Gen. Tadeusza Kościuszki 10 (Old Town
district, Przedmieście Świdnickie housing estate) in the Kościuszko Housing District built in 1954-
In the Club, there is the Akwedukt Publishing House (since 1999), which publishes poetry books
and memoirs on historical topics, including borderlands. Exhibitions of visual arts, oil painting,
watercolor painting, graphics, sculpture and photography exhibitions are held here. The Club also
organizes theater performances with a repertoire aimed at adults and teenagers.
In 2013, the renovation and equipping of new rooms acquired for the MiL Club was completed,
where an exhibition gallery (also a small concert hall), a conference room, wardrobes for artists and
a social and utility room were located. Currently, the institution is fully adapted to host disabled
people in a wheelchair, and this applies to both artists (access to the stage and dressing room) and
viewers (access to the auditorium).
In 2019, the MiL Club received "for activities for the benefit of the city of Wrocław and taking care
of its cultural development" awarded by the Wrocław Enthusiasts Society in the form of the
Spotkanie odwołane z przyczyn niezależnych od organizatora.